This coming Sunday, April 22nd, happens to be the Earth day, the most celebrated environmental event worldwide. Here at Eton College we are big on sustainability and corporate social responsibility, so we are always looking to reduce our environmental footprint. Here is a summary of what we are doing for our part:
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: We have multiple recycling boxes on campus for paper and bottles, and we encourage reduced use of paper. For instance, we print double sided whenever possible, reuse the blank sides for notes (while minding confidentiality of course), ask students to submit papers electronically, and use environmentally responsible office supplies as much as we can.
- If you come to visit our campus you may notice we have quite a few plants in our offices. In addition to adding a warm, green look to our work place, they also double up as air purifiers!
- We provide work-from-home opportunities for staff to cut down on commute related carbon footprint.
- The lights go off at night when we leave the campus.
- Sustainability is a part of our educational curriculum in all our programs.
Is there anything else you think we should be doing? Any tips to share? Let us know!