Student success is at the heart of everything we do at Eton. We believe that we have a responsibility to help individuals realize their learning and career goals while becoming valuable global citizens who can contribute to their family’s and country’s economy and well-being.
Our daily goal, therefore, is to equip our students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and the extra help needed to meet the challenges of the day at school and in their personal lives.
We recognize that every student coming to Eton College is different and possesses unique interests, skills, talents, desires, goals, and challenges.
To this end, we offer a variety of support services at many levels which help our students become well-rounded, confident, and knowledgeable individuals, ready to seize any opportunity for learning, career, and personal growth.
Some of these services are:
- Early identification and assessment of individual student’s needs at time of application – academic and career guidance to match student to the right program.
- New-student orientations to ease the transition into school life.
- Regular and consistent progress reports by instructors to alert and assist students with progress at school. This keeps students on track with performance required for success.
- Career Preparation seminar and coaching to be better prepared for the workforce after graduation. This seminar includes self analysis of strength, weakness, personality, interest, company research, job search, Resume (CV) writing, interview strategies, and follow-up strategies.
- Practicum Placements at reputable Canadian businesses in various industries to hone the practical skills required for success in the workplace.
- Peer support through mentoring program where students are helped by students who provide enriching experiences that help enhance language and social skills, participation, and integration in the school environment.
- Conversation club that encourage cross cultural communication and support students with language barriers.
- Volunteer opportunities to enhance life skills and create memorable and enriching life experiences.
- Industry connections to promote networking skills and to improve chances for employment.
- Community connections through various projects that support ethical and corporate social behavior.
- Life-time post graduation career support for Eton graduates who have successfully met graduation requirements.